Do you have a son or daughter with a learning disability, or care for somebody who has? Are you confused about Personal Budgets and Support Plans? Cambridge House is now providing free one-to-one advice and workshops for parents and carers of children and adults with learning disabilities in this area.
The one-day workshop gives participants an introduction to self-directed support and an opportunity to explore the process of support planning. They can help with gaining awareness on how to access support services using personal budgets and will equip you with person-centred planning tools used to create a support plan.
This free service is offered until March 2015 so please contact them as soon as possible to book a workshop. Contact: Marta De Frutos or Beatriz Dominguez at Cambridge House on 0207 358 7014 or email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. Website: www.ch1889.org
More information below:
Our one-day workshop aims to give participants an introduction to self-Directed support and an opportunity to explore the process of Support Planning.
- Provide participants with an overview of Self-directed Support, Personal Budgets and Support Planning process.
- Understand what the eligible needs are.
- Understand how the support planning process contributes to the development of a support plan.
- Consider what makes a solid support planâ¨ by answering the seven essential criteria questions required to be present in a support plan.
- Introduce the support planning graphic tools as techniques used to develop a support plan.
- Consider innovative and creative ways that people can use to meet their needs.
- Understand how a Personal Budget can be managed.
- Show people different ways of developing support plans.
2- Who is it for?
Parents and carers supporting young adults and adults with learning disabilities who want to deepen their understanding of the process of support planning.
3- Learning Outcomes
- Gain an understanding of the Self-Directed Support jargon
- Increase knowledge about the seven essential criteria questions, which must be present in a support plan.
- Gain awareness of the new ways to access support services using Personal Budgets. â¨
- Experience using person centred thinking tools, which are use to create a support plan.
- Gain an understanding of how Personal budget can be managed.
4- How much does this course cost?
The course is free for all parents and carers, supporting an individual with learning disabilities in Southwark.
5- Dates & Venue
22nd January 2015 from 10am to 1.00pm or 29th January 2015 from 10am to 1.00pm
Cambridge House, 1 Addington Square, London SE5 0HF
To book a place, please contact:
Beatriz Dominguez | T: 02073587014 | E: email@example.com